Monday, July 14, 2008

Naomi Campbell- diva legend

In this article, Naomi Campbell says how much she hates the lack of racial diversity in the catwalks. However, if I were to chose between her and Coco Rocha, it would definately be Coco Rocha.

Hopefully the reason is painfully obvious (hint: I could give a shit if Coco was white).

But there is so much publicity for black models. At least they have some shining hope to having more black models in the catwalks. But how about Asian? Middle Eastern? Hopefully, with more black models there would also be more racial diversity as whole.

One of my favorite models is Daul Kim, who's Korean and absolutely stunning. Not only is she beautiful, she seems like a very interesting person- her blog, I Like to Fork Myself, is evident of that. Her, along with several rising stars in the modeling industry, who aren't quite fair skinned, should get a chance too. They are as equally talented, and furthermore, is more than just a "nameless face".

I just wanted to get this out there since every fashion blog has a post like this. Haha, and to get another side to it, such as OTHER RACES. Yup, enough of my babbling. I would be surprised if anyone read this far! Hehe :)

No comments: