Sunday, July 13, 2008

Se-chu-na

Browsing Korean shopping sites have always been one of my guilty pleasures. I just love looking through pleasantly styled clothes, fashioned with a sense of style similar to my own. One of my favorites, Sechuna, has a cute, preppy, girly, whimsical (and a bit lolita) kind of style- just my type. Maybe that's why I enjoy flicking through the items so much. Or maybe because Sechuna ships to US for a flat fee of $60. It may sound pricey, but if you order enough items, it does pay off. Which leads to my temptation... The site is entirely in Korean, which means if you don't speak a word, it is impossible to order. However, I am lucky enough to live under a roof in which lives two lovely parents who are fluent in Korean and therefore can order for me (as my Korean is pitiful, to say the least). I shall give in to my temptations soon enough, as I already compiled a list of items that are on my wishlist. A lot of the items are very cutesy and baby-ish and does not suit to many tastes. Therefore, it is pretty rare I find something of that style here in major chains, such as Forever21 or H&M, where it's all about what's in. Frankly, I could give a shit about what the hell's in. Sure, maybe if I like the trend, I'll buy into it. But my wardrobe isn't revolved around it. I buy what I like. Even if it gets bizarre stares from everyone around me.

Frankly, I like it.

No comments: