Friday, July 11, 2008

What Everyone Wore Today

Susie Bubble has done it again. Her post, discussing about blogs that only post about what they wore that day, was so in depth and honest- I really admired her for it. And it got me to think, as a lot of my blogs I daily read is mainly composed of outfits. Is posting of outfits without descriptions fashion narcissism? Possibly. Yeah, obviously if someone says look at me, I'm so fashionable, as Susie put it, it is. But even if it is fashion narcissism, I thoroughly enjoy it, for reasons unkown.

What I see in a lot of people that post outfits is that they have a lack of self esteem in their style, and that they want to be reassured that they are fashionable. If that's the way they want to establish and form and be confident in their style, that is honestly the most foolish thing I have ever heard. What I do admire about posting outfits, however, is that it takes somewhat courage to post them. I mean, it is online- you can get as easily criticized as praised.

However, this is NOT the reason I am not posting outfits. It is because of pure laziness. HAHAHA. And I am not technologically advanced to take photos of myself and too cowardy to ask one of my friends to take a picture of me, fearing I will look like a narcissistic fool.

How ironic.

No comments: